Sunday, July 20, 2008

More purfling cutter, no router

After I scored the line for the purfling, I was thinking about how easy and fast that was. Wouldn't it be just as easy to score the horizontal depth line of the channel as it was the vertical width? And then, the wood in the channel would just pop out without needing to route anything... no worries about the router tipping. So I gave it a shot, and it did INDEED work very well.
So I went ahead and did it; took me about an hour whereas the router would have taken about 5-10 minutes. But the peace of mind that it gave me knowing that the router wouldn't take a chunk out of my top was well worth the time. It actually was a very rewarding experience, that purfling tool is a piece of cake to use.

Next step: Cutting the end wedge channel.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell me Ryan, do you know how to play a guitar very well? It would be nice to hear an MP3 of some of your playing if you do play a guitar.