Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kerfing for back

Wow, it's been a while. I've been busy with... life. I probably forgot to post something about being DONE with the side profiling. No matter, it's done.

Last Thursday I spent the evening making up 100 or so of the high tech clamping devices (as seen below). Basically 1 or 2 rubber bands around a clothes pin for extra force. Then on Friday night I dry fit the (mahogany) reverse kerfing for the back. Initially it broke very easily as I was bending it around the sides. So I boiled some water and brushed it on prior to bending. This worked well, I left it to sit dry clamped over the Thanksgiving holiday.

Tonight, I took the clamping and kerfing off and then glued them back on. It was a little stressful at first... gluing and all. But after it was all over, it seemed easier than I thought it would be.


The next morning, I took the clothes pins off. That reverse kerfing looks pretty slick.

No comments: