Thursday, September 27, 2007

Finally, it's HERE!


Yes that's right, after 23 days it finally arrived. I'm not terribly happy about that (LMI said it is typically 10 days), but there is no need to "fret" about it. The top looks real nice, the bearclaw texture is hard to see in this picture. I'm still getting used to the back, not sure what I think about it. The sapwood center is not quite on center, but I've seen a lot worse. And there is a lot of bow in it no doubt from humidity... hopefully that will either go away or can be fixed.


The rest of the stuff looks great. I especially like the macassar ebony fingerboard.


I'll work on putting the sides in the mold tonight. I probably should order the kerfing soon too. This shows the other side of the back. The sapwood appears to be better mirrored. Neither picture does the top justice... the bearclaw texture is very nice.

1 comment:

David said...

Woo hoo! Glad to see you got the kit, even though they sent it via snail. Looking at the two back pictures, I would go with the one marked with the outline as the visible side. The reason is the other side has that dark spot on the left side that to me looks more out of balance than the sap wood not being perfectly mirrored. Just my 2 cents.

I can't wait to follow along with your build.

David